New in version 2.2.2 of Verifier.EXE (27 March 2018)
- Add option to enable/disable beep when bar code is decoded.
- Display unknown ISO country code 999 correctly.
- Improve display of currency amounts.
- Add missing display of length to various AIs.
- Fix typos.
- Update list of invalid & mandatory associations.
- Add Portuguese NHRN AI (714).
- Allow multi-plug configuration window to be shrunk to fit on extremely tiny screens.
- Ignore defects beyond nominal light margin for new Element Reflectance Non-uniformity calculation.
- AICheck: Fix repeated display of number of splices in roll products, AI (8008).
New in version 2.2.1 of Verifier.EXE (18 December 2017)
- Updated to incorporate changes in the latest ISO/IEC 15416:2016 standard regarding fractional ("continuous") grading, new Element Reflectance Non-uniformity algorithm, and reporting of Reflectance Margin value. Update 'Interpretation of results' help page and sample scan files correspondingly.
- Other symbology specification names in standard report footer and HTML repgen template updated to current ISO/IEC standards.
- Visual tweaks to help file.
- Sample scan files are now installed in the Program Data folder rather than into Program Files.
- HIBC plugin now has 'Report' button instead of 'Print', to open a report in the default system browser, whence it can be saved, printed to any printer, &c.
- Calibration no longer requires write access to the system TEMP directory: temporary calibration log files are now written to the same directory as the calibration log itself.
- Lower bound for GS1-128 X-dimension in hand-scanning environment is now 170µm rather then 250µm.
- ISBN plugin updated with latest ranges from isbn-international.org.
- Character decodabilities within 0.5 of the pass grade are now shown with the warning colour in the Dimensional Analysis window.
- Fixed extra character at end of lot/serial number in HIBC plugin; also fix possible nonsense output when link or check character is '/'.
- Fixed RMin/RMax settings in verifier.exe calibration dialogue sometimes jumping back to their previous values.
- * AICheck: fix parsing of measurement values from variable-length AIs terminated with a function 1.
- Colouring of character decodability and element defects bar graphs is now performed according to the value of the fractional ISO/IEC grades relative to the pass grade.
New in version 2.1.0 of Verifier.EXE (02 October 2017)
- New Windows Installer, and introducing a new version numbering scheme. Bug fix releases will now increment the third number of the version, and feature releases the second. The software title is now "Axicon Linear Verifier" everywhere it appears. This installer will uninstall any installed older version.
- Verifier.exe will now detect if plugins have been installed in Windows VirtualStore by older versions. It will remove them if they are duplicates of plugins installed under <Program Files>; otherwise, it will display a warning dialogue. It also checks for the presence of corecode.ini in VirtualStore.
- Fractional ISO grading and new defects calculation algorithm from ISO/IEC 15416:2016 is implemented, but disabled by default in this release. It will be enabled in a forthcoming version; 2.1.0 will be able to load saved scan files from this future version, but earlier (2.0) versions will refuse to load scan files made with fractional grading enabled.
- Newly-installed plugins are now disabled by default (except for the standard install's AICheck, ISBN, JobRef, and UPC): after installing plugins, you'll have to enable them in the Setup dialogue Plugins tab.
- handles multiple matching results better, and allows choosing a column by which to order the results.
- allows choosing SQL dialect.
- description now configurable.
- Added a native Windows version of Repgen.exe (named RepgenW.exe) to avoid flashing up console window when run by another application, and use it from Verifier.exe for CSV saving, custom reports, and batch mode.
- AICheck includes new Application Identifiers 416, 7020 - 7023, & 8112, and updates the format of AI 425 to variable-length.
- Readers whose user calibration date is before their factory calibration date are reported as uncalibrated.
- Factory calibration dates of USB 1 readers that appear to be in the future are treated as invalid, and ignored.
- Long lines in the calibration log (e.g. a very long user name) are not truncated when calibrating.
- HIBC plugin secondary supplemental data display is now cleared correctly when scanning an HIBC code containing no secondary data.
- Fix ScanDB plugin results being incomplete when UserData is configured but no UserData results exist.
- Fix hang in ScanDB when loading a scan file fails.
- Fix bug that would fail to report sub-optimal packing for some Code 128 barcodes.
New in version 126.96.36.199 of Verifier.EXE (13th October 2016)
- Handle Secondary Supplemental Data in HIBC plugin.
- Allow multiple comma-separated email addresses as recipients of 'email scan file'.
- Fix a couple of minor typos in repgen documentation.
- M&S plugin now reports a zero value in the quantity field value as an error.
- Re-instate user manual and guide on CD.
- Fix 'email scan file' not working again until application restart after any error occurred while emailing a scan.
- Fix incorrect display of Code 128 stop character decodability when reference decode algorithm can only decode the stop in one direction.
New in version 188.8.131.52 of Verifier.EXE (21st July 2016)
- Removed a couple of redundant and non-effective settings from the Lookup plugin settings.
- Lookup in Excel .xls and .xlst spreadsheet files and Access .mbd databases now works (read-only in Excel files for now).
- Improved handling of errors in lookup plugin.
- Update of blank fields in lookup 'Prompt for Reference' mode is now conditional on 'Insert New' being enabled.
- Updated Dutch translation for verifier and lookup.
- Fix description in plugin installer manifest.
- Fix installing plugins from Autorun when VirtualStore folder does not exist.
- Fix potentially truncated output from repgen when -k (keep going) flag is not given and loading a scan file fails.
New in version 184.108.40.206 of Verifier.EXE (21st June 2016)
- When scanning environment is set to 'Automatic', assume that all EAN/UPC codes scanned with a 6000 are intended for retail/hand scanning environment, even if their X dimension is > 495µm.
- Removed the not-terribly-useful cscan.exe from the installation.
- Check that the directory selected for CSV file saving exists, and only enable the 'Write CSV' button when a CSV file name has been configured.
- Online verifier is now named Inline in installer and shortcuts.
- Inline verifier now uses 250µm aperture for all GS1-128 and ITF-14 codes, and for all EAN/UPC codes with X dimension >= 495µm, and has a setting to allow choosing the scanning environment to override this.
- Inline verifier software no longer uses the BDE for its list of duplicate codes: instead, it uses an SQLite database, and provides a utility, sqliteimport.exe, to copy records from the old Paradox duplicates database.
- Distinguish between erroneous and extraneous Function 1 characters in AICheck.
- Added new Application Identifiers 394, 8010, 8011, 8012, 8111, and 8200 to AICheck.
- Improvements to GS-1 HTML report template.
- Lookup plugin now uses ADO database connection directly, and no longer depends on the BDE. It can also lookup in CSV files directly, making the TextLookup plugin obsolete, and has many other improvements and bug fixes too.
- ScanDB no longer uses the BDE, nor any database backend at all: it simply maintains a text file list of .scn files, from which it can generate CSV files as before.
- Autorun.EXE's 'Install Optional Plugins' is now a separate executable, pluginst.exe, which runs with elevated privileges, and attempts to move any plugins installed into VirtualStore by previous versions to the correct location under <Program Files>.
- All installed executable files are now signed.
- Fix addon gap checking for UPC-E.
- Fix a number of bugs in the HIBC plugin.
- Fix hiding 'Tick all' and 'Untick all' buttons in UserData when no tick boxes have been defined.
- Remove the hard-coded limit on the number of columns in the lookup plugin database, fixing the "Range check error" when there were more than this number, and fixed a crash when trying to recover from a database error on startup.
- Fix Repgen so scripts using StrToFloat/FloatToStr work in locales where the decimal separator is ','.
- Code 128 characters with invalid parity are now not decoded again: the change in 220.127.116.11 to allow decoding Code 128s with invalid parity led to occasional misdecoding of both EAN/UPC and Code 128, and other subtle bugs. There's a new corecode.ini [Code 128] flag bit (of 0x40) to enable decoding such characters if the need ever arises. The old flag bit value (0x20) to disable decoding of invalid parity Code 128 characters is now ignored.
- Fix for settings not being completely saved when plugin test string list contains an empty item.
New in version 18.104.22.168 of Verifier.EXE (09 October 2015)
- Default maximum number of scans in continuous scan mode is now 106.
- X-dimension of EAN/UPC codes is always shown before magnification, and magnification now isn't ever shown for any other GS1 code types, in accordance with the current General Specification.
- When the scanning environment is set to 'General Retail/Hand Scanning', issue a warning for GS1-128 and ITF-14 codes with X dimension > 495 Âµm.
- Small improvements to Lookup plugin 'Prompt for Reference' mode.
- Grade in Summary window is now shown in ISO 15416 compliant format.
- Note association of AIs 17 & 390 with AI 255.
- Don't allow uncalibrated scans in continuous scan mode (fix bug introduced in 22.214.171.124: sorry!).
- Remove nonsensical 'Afghanistan' info text from fisheries AIs in AICheck, and make AI 7009 alpha-numeric.
New in version 126.96.36.199 of Verifier.EXE (26 August 2015)
- AIDate plugin now allows checking for dates up to 9,999 days in the past or future, and includes AI 16 'Sell By' in the list of AIs to check for dates.
- There's a new setting, 'GS1 Scanning Environment', to choose which aperture should be used for GS1 bar codes where the intended scanning environment and required aperture cannot be inferred from the code itself. The default setting is 'Automatic', which should behave correctly for the majority of uses. If the automatic setting guesses wrongly, it's possible to force either 'General Distribution' or 'Retail' as the intended use, which switch to a 250Âµm (10) or 150Âµm (06) aperture respectively for codes for which either aperture might be valid. This brings aperture selection for GS1-128 and ITF-14 in line with the current GS-1 General Specifications.
- Lookup plugin includes new 'Prompt for Reference' mode and 'Log Field' feature.
- Code 128 codes with characters of invalid parity can now be decoded.
- A few small corrections & clarifications to the on-line help files.
- Fixed missing '%\' in copyuser.bat script.
New in version 188.8.131.52 of Verifier.EXE (29th June 2015)
- Calibration log file now contains user name of the logged-in user that performed the calibration.
- 250Âµm aperture for EAN/UPC codes in general distribution setting added.
- Maximum aperture for Databar codes is now 250Âµm.
- Add new SASL authentication type to 'Email scan' - should work with gmail's SMTP servers again now.
- Added new fishing industry AIs 7005 - 7010.
- Moved the obsolete 'EAN/UPC Magnification' to the 'Advanced' tab of Setup.
- Continuous scan mode can now stitch together multi-row symbols with more than two rows.
- A single scan of an EAN/UPC which decodes with an addon in a set of scans otherwise without an addon is now treated as a mismatched scan, and does not cause the whole set of scans to be considered to have an addon.
- Updated French translation.
- Tweaks to online help for lookup plugin.
- Fix GS1 repgen template preset file name.
- Continuous scan mode scans no longer appear out of order.
- Fixed crash on start-up of "Choose Language" under Windows Server 2008 R2.
- EAN/UPC addons can now only be decoded at the correct length.
New in version 184.108.40.206 of Verifier.EXE (5th January 2015)
- Add drivers for VeriStation.
- Small correction to setup help page.
- Adjust lower bound for 150 Âµm aperture of Databar codes from 170 to 166 Âµm.
- Add a page to the help file about the possible errors that might appear in the Structure window.
- Updated FTDI drivers to version 2.10.
- Improved the algorithm that decides what the correct decoded value of a set of averaged scans of an ITF to ignore a single long decode.
- Added 16 (Sell By Date),
- Added 713 (Brazilian National Healthcare Reimbursement Number)
- Increased maximum length of 8007 (International Bank Account Number) to 34
- Show a slightly less terse description of addon delimiter errors in the Structure window.
- Display the bar & space reference threshold dimensions for Codabar code in the Dimensional Analysis window.
- Updated ISBN plugin with the current ranges from isbn-international.org.
- Many factual, typo & style fixes to the on-line help files.
- The state of the continuous scan button is now saved between runs of the application.
- Fix up error handling for serial readers so they actually work again via rdesktop.
- Fix handling of empty field (',') at end of line in TextLookup plugin.
- Always report check digits of incompletely decoded EAN/UPC codes as invalid characters.
- Fix lookup plugin returning the result of the previous database lookup if the settings resulted in trying to look up an empty string.
- Use the correct light margin tolerances for EAN/UPC codes (as per the GenSpec), rather than always overriding them with 0.5 modules.
- Fix short read of Databar Expanded reversed code rows with odd numbers of data characters, and prevent the possibility of short-reading Databar-14.
New in version 220.127.116.11 of Verifier.EXE (16th December 2013)
- Updated Korean translation.
- Replace user-visible occurrences of 'Narrow Bar Width' and 'NBW' with 'X dimension' and 'X dim' respectively.
- Repgen now has a command-line switch to make all output appear on a single line, which is used when creating CSV files.
- The template file 'csv-template.txt' is now used to create CSV files regardless of the setting of 'Save Path to Scan File in CSV': csv-fullpath-template.txt is no longer used.
- Don't permit calibration with unreasonable values of RMin & RMax.
- When there is neither pass nor fail information to be shown in the 'Misc' pane of the pass Pass/Fail window in 'Target Retail Stores' mode, show the pane in the Pass colour.
- Fix check digit checking in 'Italian' (base 32) pharma code plugin.
- Fix display of currency (and other types of) database field contentss in lookup plugin results.
- Fix misdecoding of certain Databar Limited symbols in one direction, and report when a Databar Limited code is a negative (white on black).
- Prevent divide-by-zero when calibrating with invalid RMin & RMax.
- Report non-alphanumeric character errors correctly in AICheck.
- Fix Chinese mis-translation of 'Decode' on printed report.